Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma!

It's your birthday! You are turning 90 today! You never thought you would live this long, but I am so glad that you have. I have been blessed to share my 24 years with you. Although we have had our couple of times of disagreement, we see eye to eye on most things. You lead by example and have taught me so many important life lessons. You have been through so many struggles, but you always overcome. You have a spirit of determination unlike any other. I can't recall a time that I've seen you cry. You are such a strong woman. I appreciate all of the times you picked me up from school and took me to dance, even though I didn't want to be there. And although all of the snacks were not the best for me, I will always have fond memories of your snack jar and the jar full of York peppermint patties. The home you created is the only place that has ever felt like home to me. Even though I'm scared to go upstairs by myself, I just love being there. I know this birthday is not going the way you hoped, but we're still going to celebrate! I hope you enjoy every second of it and know how loved you are!

No comments: