Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My 24th Birthday!

On Monday I turned 24! It's not hard to realize that you're getting older. Birthday celebrations used to last the entire month. This year it lasted 5 days. I'm sure by the time I'm 70 it will be down to 5 minutes haha.

When I was working Friday, my coworkers surprised me, and by surprised I mean, I was totally expecting it! They got me a strawberry filled cake from Anne's Donuts. It was yummy! We had already eaten chicken plates for lunch, so I was stuffed!

Sunday we celebrated with Matthew's family. My dessert of choice was Hershey creme pie! Mmmmm! I got some cards with money inside and a lily to plant in the yard. Sunday night we went out with my parents to eat at La Perla Tapatia, my absolute favorite Mexican food!

 

 On my actual birthday, I went to school for an optional review class. I finally left school at 12:15, went through the Wendy's drive-thru, and came home to eat my healthy lunch of side salad, baked potato, and a small chili while I watched TBS. I spent the afternoon lounging around with spurts of studying for my final exam. Sounds like a fun birthday, huh? For dinner we cooked buitoni pasta, frozen garlic bread, caesar salad, and a quick tiramisu with store bought pound cake haha. But really these are some of my favorite foods, so I didn't mind. Mexican and Italian food for my birthday? I'd say that's a win! Matthew gave me a few gifts including cute navy canvas shoes, acrylic cups, a Brita water bottle, popsicle molds, and tervis lids. I loved everything!!

Yesterday was my sister's birthday! She came home to see my grandma, so we went to Outback afterwards to celebrate our birthdays together. They were out of my favorite, prime rib, so I settled for Alice Springs Chicken. Everything was good and we both got free ice cream with hot fudge syrup! We went back to my parents' house to open gifts. I got some really good stuff! I can't wait to start using it all! My sister gave me some cute tshirts and tanks from Target, chalk labels, decorative paper tape, an iphone cover, an ipod armband, and initial stickers. My parents got me a new planner for school, money for my trip, face wash, a blouse from Target, and cute sandals.

Overall, I had a great birthday! And the countdown is already on for the next birthday!

No comments: