Saturday, April 30, 2011

Did Anyone Miss Me?

So it's been a couple weeks since I last posted. I have just been taking some time off to think about things and where my life is headed.

I have yet to hear from school about nursing or respiratory therapy. I did find out the letters for nursing would be mailed out next week. We were supposed to hear mid-April. One day I will learn to not believe in deadlines.

I took Friday off work to take a career readiness test that is required to complete a degree at community college. I thought it started at 9 a.m. but thank goodness I checked online before leaving the house. The test was supposed to start at 9:30 and last until 12:30. But too many people had signed up to take the test and the room was not large enough. Then we had to wait until 10 to get into a bigger room. And if anyone remembers taking the SAT and filling in all of those bubbles, that took about 30 more minutes. A lot of people didn't finish the whole test because they had to go to work or whatever they had planned. There were three sections and each was 45 minutes. Just before the test started, the instructor informed us that we would get a grade on the test. But the grade would be a level 3-7, bronze up to platinum level, and the grade didn't matter. We just had to take the test. But we didn't have to score well on the test. So basically I took a test for 3 hours that didn't matter at all. So much fun!

Matthew got hired on at his job. It was a temp to hire job, but after the manager was fired and a new person came in, it was kind of up in the air as to what would happen. So as of tomorrow, Matthew is officially employed by the company and not the temp agency!

Hopefully next week will bring more good and exciting news! Plus my birthday is in 7 days!

No comments: