I went grocery shopping without any coupons in hand. Can you believe it?
I only used 2 coupons at Food Lion, and I found them in the store! And I still saved a decent amount of money! Just what I needed to get back into the coupon game! For the most part, I loaded up on drinks and paper products, things you don't find a ton of coupons for anyway. And the Gatorade... Matthew spends the same price on bottles half the size! So that is a huge deal for us! He should have enough Gatorade for the next month!
Lowe's Foods is having some great produce sales! I am definitely going to enjoy this!
Last week and this week, Food Lion is having a Big Deal sale. If you buy 10 items, you get $5 off. If you buy 20 items, you get $10 off. And if you buy 30 items, you get $15 off. That's $.50 off each item!
(4) Poptarts 8 count $2 each = $8
(2) $1/2 coupon
Big Deal Promo = $4, or $1 each
(10) Pepsi 2 liters $1.25 each
Big Deal Promo = $.75 each
(10) Gatorade 64 oz. $2 each
Big Deal Promo = $1.50 each
(1) Oscar Mayer Ham and Salami Sub Kit $6.99
Big Deal Promo = $6.49
(2) Sparkle Paper Towels $8.99 each
Big Deal Promo = $8.49 each (Not too proud of this deal. I could have sworn they were on sale for less than this. Oh well, we did need them.)
(2) Charmin Toilet Paper $4.50 each
Big Deal Promo = $4 each
(1) Pedigree Dog Food (15 or 20 lbs., not sure) $11.99
Big Deal Promo = $11.49
(2) Hershey candy bars $.49 each (because Matthew acts like he's 5)
(1) Nature's Own Whitewheat Bread $1.99
(2) Fajita Mix vegetables $1 each (from $2.69 each! love marked down produce!)
(1) Milk gallon $2.99
(6) Peaches 2.29 lbs. $1.53
(5) Bananas 2.70 lbs. $1.86
(1) Vidalia Onion 1.02 lbs. $.68
(5) Green Bell Peppers $3.35, just $.67 each!
Savings: $10.42 (which doesn't include how much those Fajita Mix vegetables were marked off. That's another $3.38!)