Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What You Don't Know About Me

I thought it might be fun to do a post about me and what you may or may not know about me. It seems the older I get, the more I learn about myself. Sometimes I don't like the qualities I find, but other times I am happy that I have qualities that are rare these days.
  • It's not easy for me to make friends.
  • I am shy until I really get to know you (like years of knowing you).
  • I don't trust easily; and if you ever lose my trust, it's almost impossible to get back, even if I want so badly to go back to the way it was.
  • There are very few people I consider to be friends. And even though I no longer talk to them, I still consider them my best friends.
  • I am cautious to a fault in my relationships.
  • I don't think I show emotions of sadness, stress, and worry. If I do, no one has ever commented on that.
  • I work harder than is necessary. I work two times harder than necessary if I am really passionate about something.
  • My work ethic has been instilled in me by watching the examples set forth by my parents and grandpa.
  • I am more sensitive than anyone will ever know. I am just really good at hiding it in front of others.
  • I am quick to stand up for what I believe.
  • When I am stressed or worried, I don't let anyone know for fear that they will see me as weak.
  • I always think people are looking down on me. My self esteem is a wreck.
  • I don't drink alcohol, not because I disagree with it, but because I just don't like how it tastes. I do however cringe every time I see a young person drinking, smoking, and just partying their life away. It makes me sad for my generation.

2 comments:

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

I can totally relate with the not showing your emotions thing. Except for with my husband, haha! But even then it took a while for him to actually see the real ones.

Thank you for sharing these things! I've struggled with low self esteem too. One thing that's really helped me is Beth Moore's book So Long, Insecurity.

Much love,
Ashley

The Daughtridges said...

I totally agree! My husband sees the good and the bad haha!

I will definitely check that book out! Thanks!