Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Valentine's Recap!

Fortunately, I did not have to work or go to school on Valentine's. Since I had a free day, I had planned to go to Raleigh to drop off a resume and run a few other errands. My sister told me about this new store at Brier Creek called Versona. This is definitely my new favorite place! They had the cutest clothes, jewelry, scarves, hats, and other accessories. And everything was very affordable! I only left with one thing for myself and two for someone else. But I will be going back.

I also went to GiGi's cupcakes, because everybody needs a cupcake on Valentine's. I decided to surprise my sister at work and picked up a couple cupcakes for her. However, she had already been that morning and gotten four cupcakes. So then she had six! Her work had ordered pizza for lunch, so I indulged myself. It was good. It had been too long since I last had pizza.

Once I got home, I started cooking dinner. I had these boneless back ribs from Sam's in the freezer. I'd pinned a recipe and decided to give it a try. Seriously, these ribs were awesome! I had leftovers for lunch, and there is another plate left (thank goodness). I also made cilantro potato salad.. a pinterest find. Cilantro is like top 5 on my favorite things list, so yeahhh, I'm basically in love with this stuff. And then we ended our meal with our Chocolate Chip Cheesecake cupcake and our Birthday Cake cupcake. To finish off the night, we planned to watch Taken 2, but they were out at the Redbox. So we got The Watch. It was hilarious! Lots of horrible language, but funny nonetheless. Anything with Vince Vaughan and Ben Stiller is a winner!


Also, Matthew brought home some roses and a funny card! It said, "To me, you're sweeter than a pina colada, more beautiful than a piano sonata, good looks and great heart, you're the whole enchilada, so loving you isn't a choice, I just gotta!"


At work the next day, I found red tulips on my desk and a giant Hershey's kiss! Matthew planned dinner for Friday night, so we got Outback takeout, my fav!






It was a great Valentine's this year!

No comments: