Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Did I Just Run a Marathon?

No, no I did not. But I feel like in the last week, I have been going nonstop!

Last week I had two 12 hour clinicals out of town, so I prefer to call them my 18 hour days. I wake up at 4 on these days, drive an hour, take a 15 minute bus ride, then a 15 minute walk, work a 12 hour shift (unless by some miracle I get to leave early), walk 15 minutes, ride 15 minutes, and then drive an hour back home to eat and get in bed as soon as I possibly can so that I can wake up and do it all over again. In fact, I get to do it again this week and next week! Lucky me!

I have been working a lot of Saturdays at my job to help us stay relatively caught up on paperwork. So after working 8-6 Friday, I worked 7:30-3:30 on Saturday. I was still extremely tired from the long clinical days but was kind of in autopilot at that point haha. Then I got to babysit the sweetest little baby that night for a couple of hours! He is always good though and never exhausts me. I can only hope that one day my children are as easy and quiet as he is haha!

And Sunday was my sister's first baby shower! Super exciting and fun! She got so many things that she needed. I think she got most of her big items like the swing, bouncy seat, pack n play, etc. And of course there were a few fun items in there that she hadn't registered for like a cute elephant hooded towel and washing mitt. They even had the elephant's trunk on them! All of the food was really good. I probably ate my weight in fruit with chocolate and marshmallow dips. Seriously, I love that stuff!

If I can just make it to Saturday, then only one more week of my 18 hour days, and then a few less stressful weeks will be in sight!

1 comment:

Tanner's Mom said...

Thank you friend for baby sitting.
He is sweet and I do hope you get sweet babies ;p7482 rstifeb