Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grandma Update

I've been meaning to let you all know that my grandma has been moved to the rehabilitation facility. She was moved on Tuesday. She definitely doesn't love it there, but she doesn't really have a choice. The therapist comes every morning to work on her swallowing and walking. Her walking hasn't been that great the last few years anyway. She is 89 after all. Her room is really big and the facility seems to be nice. She's had a couple of problems with her feeding tube since arriving there, but otherwise she has been getting back to being herself.

Everyone had given her flowers for her birthday/getting well. All of her nurses love the flowers. I think they help my grandma feel like she's at home. She always sits in her sunroom and looks into her beautiful yard that's full of every flower you can think of! She's been sitting in the recliner by the window in her room and working her crossword and wordsearch puzzles. Maybe this small bit of normal will help motivate her to work hard to get well.

Please keep praying for her over the next few weeks! We're not sure exactly how long she will be there. I think I've heard anywhere from four to six weeks, but I guess that all depends on her working hard.

No comments: