Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where's the Light at the End of This Tunnel?

There are 8 days of school left, 8 ridiculously packed days! The last few days have been a whirlwind, and I really can't even remember everything I have done.

I went to Raleigh for the weekend to go shopping with my sister. I've still got a few things left to buy though.

When I got home Sunday, we went and bought a real Christmas tree! I grew up having a fake tree (except for a couple of times), and we have been using a fake tree. But when Matthew pulled that thing out of the storage room, I tried my best to make that thing look as real as I could. It was impossible. I don't know what happened in that storage room in the last few months, but it was not nice to the fake tree! It had so many bare spots. There was just no help for it. So we went to Lowe's and got a Douglas Fir. I think the other kind is a Fraser Fir, which looks more traditional I guess. But I thought the Douglas Fir looked fuller and even. And it was a steal at $30! I thought they were more expensive than that, but I'm glad it wasn't!

I learned after a week of trying to get Matthew's help with Christmas decorations that I should just do it myself. So I did just that! It took me about 5 hours to do the majority of it, but I wouldn't trade that for 2 hours full of complaining. I still have a couple more things to put out and then I'll be done. I also set myself up a little wrapping station. And I have wrapped 2 gifts so far haha. I don't have any gift tags or ribbons or bows or tissue paper yet. I'm trying to put that off until after the 2 tests I have this week.

No comments: