Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Job Interview

Matthew is always applying for other jobs. We are always on the lookout for something that pays more than he makes and especially something that is full-time and has benefits. Matthew has been at his current job since February of last year. He says this is the longest he's ever worked a job, which I think is just ridiculous!

Anyway, he got a call last week to come in for an interview this morning for a job with the city. Most people don't like working outside or doing manual labor, but Matthew loves both! It's a lot more money than he makes now, it's full-time hours and a set schedule (Monday through Friday and 7-4 each day), and of course there are great benefits! They told him he would hear back in about two weeks because they had 14 people to interview! I can't believe they are interviewing that many people.

We have been praying about his job situation. It would just be so great! But we have been praying that God's will be done in this situation, as in every situation we go through. I wish it wasn't going to be two weeks before we knew. I'm pretty sure my heart can't handle the suspense! I know my blood pressure has been sky-high. My heart has been beating out of my chest since they called him about the interview!

No comments: