Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Day Out!

Yesterday, I went with my mom and two of her best friends to Wake Forest for the day. I guess it was kind of a girls' day out for Valentine's Day. We left at 10:30 and assuming the restaurant would be busy, were going to put our name on the list to eat later. But when we got there, they actually weren't busy at all. And we were all starving! So we went ahead and ate before doing anything else. We ate at the Olde English Tea Room. I don't remember how we found out about it, but we have been going there for years. I always order the shepherd's pie. Always! But this time I got a tropical chicken salad. It came with a cup of warm fruit, I think maybe apples and raisins. It tasted like a thick apple cider! And it also came with the best cinnamon muffin ever. It was so good it could have been a cupcake!

After eating, we headed across the street to a store called The Cotton Company. If you haven't been there, you need to go. They have lots of little shops inside. Lots of artists have their stuff for sale in there. They have candles, paintings, purses, baby stuff, kitchen stuff, jewelry, etc. We walked around the rest of downtown going into a few antique shops. It was just a lot of fun!

It was nice to get out, even if it was with my mom and her friends. But it was something to do. They are better friends to me than some of my other friends have been!

No comments: