Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekends Are For No Work!

The end of the week was so insanely busy, I am just glad that it's over. First of all, I am so thankful that I do not have class until 6 p.m. on Thursday. This gives me a whole day to get my schoolwork done. So that's just what I did. I had a midterm for public speaking Thursday night. I was slightly worried about it just because of the massive amounts of information, but it turned out to be quite easy.

Friday morning I had my next respiratory test as well as a patient assessment lab competency. I was completely stressed about both of those! One, the tests always have so much information on them and it's just hard for me to remember everything (luckily for that class it's all multiple choice). Two, I don't like "acting" in front of people so the patient assessment was a nightmare come true. Oh, it was just so horrible! I know I won't have a problem when I am with a real patient, but I just have a hard time pretending. I am not imaginative like that. Amazingly I passed the test with a 92 and the competency with a 97! I am happy with that!

Unfortunately, that was not the last stressful event for the day. I had to go to work and do something I had never done before! I had trained for less than two hours total! Everyone was sure that since it was Friday afternoon that nobody would come in. Wrong! Within five minutes of being alone, I had a customer. I was so nervous that I didn't even tell them my name! But I didn't mess anything up, so that was good! I don't know why I was so nervous about it. I am ready to do it again now!

Friday night we cooked steaks with my parents and their neighbors. It was a late night, and I had an early morning Saturday for a day of babysitting! I was wore out by 4 p.m. We blew bubbles, played tball and football, looked at all of the pumpkins inside and outside, walked the block twice, collected leaves, colored, made art projects with the leaves, did puzzles, played with legos, snacked, and then he finally passed out asleep. Saturday night we went to Raleigh to eat at Brio with my parents and another set of their neighbors. It was a very good restaurant. I only wish I could have eaten more! haha

No comments: