Tuesday, October 4, 2011


I am so tired after the weekend trip to Charlotte. On Friday and Saturday nights I didn't get to sleep until 1 or 2 a.m.! I usually am asleep by 11 p.m. So that was an adjustment. Plus riding in the car made me extremely tired, both ways.

The trip was fun, but I am glad to be home! When we got there Thursday, we pretty much had time to pee and then we were off to a high school volleyball game. That was a first for me. My cousin did so good though! I was glad we got to see her beast at her sport! We ate dinner at the house, and that was not a fav. They  had cooked roast. That happens to be my least favorite food right next to beef stew, but I didn't want to be rude so I ate it anyway. I was starving a few hours later and luckily had packed a protein bar in my purse haha. It's always weird to me when you are staying at someone's house, they say to make yourselves at home but it's strange to be scouring their pantry for a snack and eating when nobody else is.

On Friday, we woke up and headed to Ikea. I was so excited to go to Ikea! I love it! I managed to get a ton of stuff and spent less than $100, and that included the rug I wanted! I can't wait to show you the finished rug, there are big plans for it! And most of the other stuff I got was for gift baskets. We ate lunch at McAlister's Deli and did some shopping at Stein Mart, where I got 2 cute shirts on clearance! They ordered pizza and wings for dinner and we may have made a grocery run for cookies. Mmm!

E picked me up about 11:30 that night. I was so tired already and was ready for bed, but like I said, I didn't get to sleep until really late. We slept in on Saturday and then headed to Concord Mills to do some shopping. We ate at Moe's for lunch and the cashier told me he was giving me the special because I was a special girl. That means, I got a free drink! haha I will accept being hit on if it means I'm saving money! We finished up our shopping with frozen yogurt, which was amazing and I cannot wait for the place here to open, and dinner at TGI Fridays. I managed to only buy 2 things at Concord Mills, again both on clearance.

Sunday we went to Elevation Church. That was quite the experience. Although different, I kind of liked it. I'm not sure I'd want to go there all the time though. We met up with another friend for brunch. This was someone I haven't talked to in months, one of the people I just stopped talking to for multiple reasons. I didn't really know what to say to her or if we would instantly be friends again. It was nerveracking just thinking about it. And it was quite awkward the whole time we were eating. We acted as if nothing had ever happened between us, but you could tell that both of us couldn't avoid thinking about it either. I'm not sure what the next step will be in our relationship. I'm not sure if it's something that can be salvaged, at least not in a way that it will be exactly as before. I guess it was nice to see her though. It is hard to say what I really thought about the whole situation. It was just so weird.

I was so glad to get back home and was half asleep most of the car ride. I missed Matthew, but I am not sure he missed me haha. He has been ill ever since. Oh well. That's a man.

No comments: