Thursday, January 5, 2012

As Christmas Break Comes to a Close...

I am so ready for school to get started! It hasn't even been the full three weeks yet, but I am dying here! Although I have gotten used to some time at  home, I have certainly not adjusted to being home for days on end. This only affirms that I will not be a full-time stay at home mother one day. Before Christmas, I was busy with last minute shopping and baking and wrapping. The week after Christmas kept me busy with putting away all the gifts and decorations. And this week has been... I don't even know. I have watched a lot of TBS. And I have been cooking a lot.

My grandma is back in the hospital. She had been feeling pretty bad and it turns out she has pneumonia again, a low thyroid, and a bladder infection. I'm hoping to go up there and spend some time with her today.

The diet is going very good so far! Well, no exercise has been done yet. But according to the scales, I've lost 4 lbs. so far. I'd say that's a good start! Eating right really does make a big difference in how you feel. I think Matthew is beyond motivated and excited this time, and his excitement is keeping me motivated! Every meal I've made has been "the best thing I've ever had!" according to Matthew haha. Hopefully we can keep on this path though. I think the key is making food that is healthy but that also tastes good. A lot of people have a misconception that healthy automatically means it tastes bad. Definitely not true! Matthew even made the comment that canned and frozen stuff doesn't taste as good as fresh. I mean how many awesome comments can I get out of this guy this week?!

Hopefully next week once school starts back and I have a set schedule, I can fit in the exercise and cooking healthy too. I think it will be easier once I have a schedule. I feel so lost this week!

No comments: