Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Put a Spring in Your Step!

It's officially spring semester of school!

Classes started Monday, and clinicals started yesterday. I was really nervous but also excited to be at the hospital yesterday. But once I got there, met everyone I'd be working with, and started doing rounds, I knew this was the job for me! I think I fit in really well at the hospital, which is good because it is one of the places I would like to work someday. I had to be there at 6:45 a.m., and I am not a morning person haha. But I got there on time and the day went by quickly. It wasn't a crazy busy day, but I know those days do exist. There wasn't a lot of downtime, but there were moments to sit down and ask questions. Everyone worked together as a team to get the job done. I heard a lot of my classmates saying they heard some disagreements between co-workers at other hospitals, and a few talked about some more serious procedures that they saw. Although they were all excited about getting to do the more advanced things, I am happy that I started off with a normal day of doing rounds and giving treatments! I was beyond comfortable with my two preceptors and was able to ask questions about everything. But the best part of the job was definitely seeing the patients! They were all so sweet and nice to me! It felt good to know you were helping them out!

I am so excited about this semester! Classes are going great so far. But clinicals are definitely going to be the best part. Now I can understand more of what we learned because I can see it and apply it to a real person. It's hard to learn breath sounds and know why you do certain treatments when you cannot hear a real person and see the difference treatments make. I learned so much yesterday and can't wait to go back next week!

1 comment:

Tanner's Mom said...

that's awesome! So happy for you!
Good luck on everything!

XOXO