Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a New Year!

So it's officially 2013! I feel like I've been counting the days until 2013 for so long... I almost feel like it should be 2014 haha. The past year was great, but it went by so quickly. We didn't have a lot of major things happen in 2012, but I will recap our "highlights".

I started clinicals in January, and although I was scared at first, I've learned so much over the year! Matthew also lost his job in January, causing me to be a little stressed considering I was working extremely part-time.

February brought a new job opportunity for Matthew. We were so blessed that his unemployment was short-lived!

In March we celebrated my parents' birthdays, one at the Angus Barn!

May brought my 24th birthday, the end of my second semester, and my grandma's 90th birthday!! Although she spent that time in the hospital and we didn't get to throw her the big party we had planned, we still spent the day with her (yellow gowns, gloves, and all).

In June, we celebrated our second anniversary! We didn't get to take a trip because of being in school (and the lack of money).

I think in August, we went to the beach with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. My fourth semester of school started soon after this.

In September, Matthew turned 26!

October brought quite the surprise when my sister and brother-in-law announced they were expecting! They're due April 17, 2013!

In November, my grandma passed away the day before Thanksgiving. It was a tough time for all of us, but each day is a little easier than the day before. I still miss her and think of her daily. I will never forget those last moments I spent with her even though it was so hard for me to watch her suffer. But I know she is in a better place and has been celebrating with Jesus every day since!

December has come and gone so quickly! We had work parties, and just for fun parties, and then it was Christmas! We were all so spoiled by our families, but the baby to be definitely was the center of attention!

Hopefully 2013 will be full of greatness! School starts back January 8, and exactly 4 months later I will graduate! I will be starting back with my business classes in the summer! I will turn 25 one day before I finish respiratory therapy school! My first little niece or nephew will be here in April (or sooner)! Matthew and I will celebrate three years of marriage! And I really, really, really, really want to go on a vacation! I know God will continue to bless Matthew and I, as He has carried us for the entire duration of my return to school. He has provided on time, every time! I cannot wait to see what job opportunities will be available for me when I graduate and complete my registry exam. May 2013 be the best one yet!

No comments: