Sunday, January 30, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Day 20

My views on drugs and alcohol...

Growing up attending a Christian school, I have always been against any sort of drug use. I'm not even a huge fan of prescription drugs or over the counter medications. But I struggled with my beliefs on alcohol use. I didn't really grow up going to church on a regular basis. I just went when my mom felt like going. And my dad never went. I was of course taught at school that drinking alcohol was wrong. But my parents were social drinkers. I was always confused as to what was right. And I was often ashamed for my friends to know that my parents were social drinkers.

I am not a drinker. I've had drinks in the past, but I'm just not a fan of the taste at all. That's just a personal choice to not drink. I'm still not sure where I stand on drinking. I do think it is wrong to be drunk. I don't think it's okay to drink every single day. And I certainly don't think it's right to be an alcoholic. But as far as being a social drinker, I'm just not sure. I just know that for me, the right choice is to not drink.

No comments: