Thursday, August 25, 2011

Miss Me?

This week has been rough. Not rough as in bad, just rough as in wow it has been so long since I've had to go to all of my classes and spend hours upon hours there. I'm still adjusting to this new schedule. I know that most people go to class and that it's normal to go to class. However, I have been doing mainly online courses for the last four years. The only exceptions to this were the drug therapy course I just took over the summer and the occasional computer classes. I don't count the computer classes though. Most of the time I was the only one technically in my class (there were several classes in one room at a time) and it was a self-paced schedule.

I have officially made "friends" in my respiratory class! That's exciting! It has never been easy for me to make friends, like never ever. But it wasn't terribly hard! Maybe I'm finally out of my shell! They are both about my age and they are both named Ashley. As long as I can remember, every person I met named Ashley turned out to have a bad attitude or thought they were better than everyone else. I was beginning to think it was a bad name haha. But now I've met a few Ashleys that have changed my mind and I love to read this Ashley's blog! Thanks to all of you Ashleys for setting a new precedence!

We finally started using all of those books on Tuesday! The syllabi have been covered, the handouts have been given, and so far so good! None of it is as intimidating as I thought it would be. It's all really interesting and I am loving it!

Tonight I had my first public speaking class. I was definitely dreading it! Luckily the teacher is young, fun, and let us out early. He promised to let us out early most every class! That's a good teacher right there! Unfortunately, we already had to get in front of the class and speak. Ugh! I had to introduce a classmate and they had to introduce me. And as soon as we did that, I was back in my car and on the way home!

Tomorrow is Friday and my grandma is finally coming home from the nursing home! I am so excited for her and will be spending my afternoon with her in case she needs help with anything!

No comments: