Monday, August 8, 2011

My Dog Ate My...

...engagement ring! Bet you thought I was going to say homework, huh? I wish it was my homework. At least I could redo that and it wouldn't cost thousands!

I woke up this morning, like every other morning, stumbled to the bathroom until my eyes decided to join the party. I did my usual routine of using the bathroom, checking facebook on my phone (it wakes me up!), and washing my hands. Finally I was ready to take a shower so I grabbed my towel and off I went. I have been showering in the guest bathroom for a while now. I like having the window open in there and since my bathroom is on the front of the house, I can't exactly open it up and let the sunshine in.

As I walked back in the bedroom no more than 10 minutes later (is that a long shower?) I saw my beloved Cinnamon sitting on my bed with something shiny in her mouth. I approached her and she ran under the bed. I got up to see what she had and realized all of my jewelry was no longer on the table where it had been. I cried, I screamed, and then I got on the floor and crawled around right after I took a shower and might have just had an OCD/germophobic moment. I guess my screaming got to her and I managed to pull her out from under the bed. She was eating my "pearl" earring. I found the other one on the bed. So I started looking for my ring. The band was next to the bed. But where was the rock?!

I searched with a flashlight for ten minutes. I was going to be late for work so I just gave up looking. I thought about it all day long. I felt naked without my ring on. And I felt like a terrible wife. How could I let my dog eat my engagement ring? By the time I got home from work, I was so mad about it I was laughing. You have to find humor in this situation. How many people have this problem? And how many times does it happen to them in a lifetime? I'm hoping more have this issue than I'm thinking do, and I'm hoping this is the only time it happens to me. But what a story for when I'm old and gray!

Matthew searched during his lunch break. We searched again tonight. No luck. I did call the vet and they told me to feed her a piece of bread with vaseline on it folded in half like a sandwich. Yummy! I did that and nothing has been pooped out yet. They told me to keep an eye on it for 2 days up to a week! So stinkin fun! (pun intended!) Cinnamon better hope that she can poop that thing out and doesn't get sick or have to have surgery because of it. I cannot afford for this dog to have surgery right now, although it would be cheaper than a new ring! Does anyone know if homeowner's insurance covers your dog eating your jewelry? haha I've never been more excited for this dog to poop in my life! It's like panning for gold, but pooping for diamonds!

No comments: