Thursday, September 1, 2011

This Week is Flying By!

I just realized it's Thursday. I can't believe it's already Thursday! I feel like I have been running around all week from one place to the next.

There was school on Tuesday and then I stayed with my grandma for a couple hours. She's back home in case I forgot to mention that, and I'm pretty sure I did. She came home on Friday! It's not as easy as she thought it would be. I can tell that she has aged a lot in the last three months. Yeah, she's 89. But she certainly didn't act like she was 89 before the stroke. She had some slight issues with getting around before but could manage to do everything on her own. Now, it's taking a good 5-10 minutes to walk from one end of the house to the other, a good hour to shower (with help) and get dressed, and you can forget working in the yard. It hurts me to see her like that, but I have to realize how far she has come in the last three months and that this is just how it's going to be. I had class again Tuesday night which I decided to go early for so that I could be home at a decent time. Well, the website went down halfway through my assignments. I wrote the teacher a note and left.

Yesterday, there was more school. I found a study partner in my class! Woohoo! After a rushed lunch, I helped do some work for my dad. They got a big job cleaning the clothes for all (well, a lot) of the crews working to restore power around NC and maybe elsewhere (not really sure). Those clothes were stinky and sweaty. I washed my hands about ten times! But not having a job, I definitely need the money. I'm clearly willing to do most anything! haha I might go back today. I'm waiting to hear if they need me.

No comments: