Sunday, September 2, 2012

Getting Healthy.. Again

I know that I have told y'all several times that we were starting a diet and trying to get healthy, but we really mean it this time! Over the summer, I attended a First Place 4 Health session with a friend. Although I didn't attend all of the sessions because of my clinical schedule, I did lost 7 pounds. And the best part, I have not gained any of it back. That's not a lot of weight and nowhere near my goal, but I'm excited that I have kept it off!

The fall session of First Place 4  Health starts this Thursday. We had an information meeting about a week ago, so I decided to go ahead and get started with my healthy eating. I'm one of those people that can't start a healthy eating and exercise plan at the same time. I need a week of the eating and getting used to that before I can add in the exercise. I have to organize my time perfectly haha!

Matthew and I both began last Monday, in case you couldn't tell by our meal plan. We've been taking our breakfast and lunch to work with us and cooking dinner at home every night. It hasn't been so hard this week because my school schedule right now allows me to get home by 3 or 4 each day except Friday. But when clinicals start in a couple weeks, it's not going to be so easy. I kind of fell into that rut over the summer. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything, but I know that I really need to make time for myself and taking care of myself.

For the Bible study we are reading "Made to Crave" and it seems like it's going to be a great read. I can't wait to get started! We'll be sharing our weekly meal ideas like usual in case you are also looking for some healthy recipes!

No comments: