Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What To Do, What To Do

When you really enjoy your job, albeit extremely part-time, but your school schedule doesn't quite work with the business schedule, what do you do?

For this semester, my schedule allows me less than 14 hours that I can work. I like my job, enjoy my coworkers, and am not one for change. Do I just continue working those few hours and not have a dime until I graduate and get a job in May (if I can find a job in my field)? Or do I seek out other work opportunities?

I'm conflicted and confused on this issue. I don't like being so poor that I'm worried daily about bills coming out of my checking account. I don't like the fact that even when I get paid at the end of the month, it won't even really cover what I need it to cover. Jobs are already hard to come by, but add my crazy school schedule on top and see how much more complicated it becomes. My job has been great to work with me for the past year, and I appreciate it more than anything! But I just need more money.

When is someone going to add more hours to the day? haha That would fix everything!

No comments: