Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Prelude

We are only 4 days away from the beginning of a new and very different life! Matthew and I are both very excited for the wedding, the honeymoon, and everything that follows!

But this week has been stressful to say the least. Although 98% of the wedding was planned before this week, the last little bit has been a killer! I am not a musician, so finalizing music has proved most difficult for me. I have been trying to do all of my homework for this week and next (as we will be gone on our honeymoon!!!). I didn't think I had a lot of homework but it has certainly piled up on me! I went to class last night and am going back again tonight to try and get ahead. I have a trial hair run tomorrow after work. Thursday I will have to get my nails done after work. And at some point I need to pack. Which means I have to wash clothes. I think I am going to need an extra day thrown in before Saturday!

I am ready to eat all of the good food and see everyone I haven't seen in a while! And with that, I am very nervous about the number of people. I never dreamed about my wedding day. I never imagined it when I was little. I just knew I wanted to be married by a certain age. I didn't think that anything would ever happen according to my "plan". So now here we are. I am under the age I had set for myself (God knew best!). The guest list is off the map and there are supposed to be roughly 240 people there Saturday. I am by nature a very shy and reserved person. So why would I invite so many people? You don't even want to know how that happened. I am prepared for the worst.. fainting. I do not like crowds, especially big crowds. I usually hate restaurants because they feel crowded to me. Now I will be stuck in a room with three times as many people and I am expected to enjoy myself.. and not to faint. That's really the key here. I have been practicing bending my knees, standing for various periods of time, and drinking plenty of fluids (all of which I have serious issues with). Since the day I was born with legs (yes, I had legs when I was born), I have always stood with my knees bent backwards instead of forwards. I prefer to say I am talented and double jointed. My mom and sister prefer to say I am weird. But my dad does it too! So that makes it okay! Except this is part of why I have a history of fainting. Locking your knees is bad, very bad! Now as for the standing. C'mon, this is me we're talking about. I strongly dislike exercise and all things related to exercise. Standing is one of those things. And lastly, I'm just not a thirsty person. This also leads to fainting as I get dehydrated and my body decides to act out against me!

Saturday will be a day of a lot of firsts! My first time standing with me knees bent forward (for more than 5 seconds)! My first time being surrounded by 240 people (by choice) and being the center of attention! My first time going into battle! Just kidding on that one. The battles that I have endured over the past year will be ending on Saturday! My first time (and only time and last time) putting a ring on it! He is a keeper! My first time kissing my husband! My first time being announced as Mr. and Mrs.! My first time starting off the buffet line! My first dance with my husband! My first time cutting into a wedding cake! My first time feeling like nobody in the room is watching me! My first day of the rest of my life!

No comments: