Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 Day Shred - Day 1

I was about to die!

I tried to squeeze in the 20 minute workout before Matthew got home from work. And my plan was to be cooking dinner when he walked in the door. That did not happen. I took a billion breaks despite Jillian's continued stress to not take a single break. Sometime in high school, I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. And since I haven't exercised since high school, I haven't needed my inhaler. Big mistake! Because I needed one last night! I really think I needed an entire tank of oxygen. It was that bad! But I survived. I am not sore yet, but I know I will be tomorrow after I torture myself for another 20 minutes tonight.

I started off good. I did the jumping jacks, I did all the crunches, I did all of the weights while lying on the floor. I did not do all of the lunges, the butt kicks, or the lifting weights over my head. And I most certainly did not do all of the pushups. I've never been able to do a pushup. Ever.

I was not able to work out the entire 20 minutes, nowhere even close to that. So my goal by the end of my days on Level 1, I hope to be able to complete Level 1 without the breaks. Oh, and I'll do all the pushups. Not a bad goal for an asthmatic, overweight girl who hasn't exercised in at least four years!

No comments: