Monday, September 27, 2010

Trying Out Some New Methods!

I have been cooking at home every night for dinner for the last week. And this is going to continue for the next five weeks, at least. Now I don't cook dinner every single night. There are at least two nights of leftovers or easy meals (sandwiches, etc.). I guess I should say we are eating at home every night. And so far, so good! I sat down last Sunday and created a meal plan for six weeks. I always try to meal plan, but like I've said before, my schedule is still not a routine to me yet. But having the meal plan is helping out a lot with getting into a routine!

You can check out my meal plans and other coupon deals over at Deal for Real!

Now, I have allowed us a $50/week grocery budget. This is our normal grocery budget. So for the next six weeks, I am dropping it to $25/week. This includes any cleaning supplies, personal hygiene supplies, and food. For those of you that don't know, I have a fairly stocked coupon closet. There are a lot of things that we don't need. I will only be getting those things if they are free! So I think we can definitely manage on $25/week for the essentials of bread, milk, and produce. We have plenty of food in the closet and in the freezer to last us much longer than six weeks!

And by dropping our food bill to $25/week, we are saving $100 automatically for the month! This of course makes me very happy!

I have thought of a new schedule that I think will work for both of us! Since I have class to go to at least twice a week, sometimes three times, I have decided to schedule when I go to class around Matthew's work schedule. If he's working late, then I'll go to class. If he gets off before me or is off for the day, then I will go straight home from work. I just think this will allow us more time to spend together! For example, Matthew works late today and I have a big coding test due tonight, so I will go straight home to get that done before he gets there. And tomorrow, he is off so I will go home right after work. I sure hope this goes well!

And last but not least, I have purchased the 30 Day Shred video by Jillian Michaels. I am going to use the video starting today. I must be crazy! But my sister's wedding is less than 7 weeks away! If I could lose just 10 pounds, I'd be happy. If I lost 20 pounds, I'd be happier! Please pray that I don't kill myself. I am not the most coordinated person. Jumping jacks are not my friend! And the last time I did some major exercise was when I played sports in high school four years ago.

No comments: