Thursday, September 2, 2010

September Is Here Already!

We are so close to the fall season! And although I love the long days of summer, I love the "cool" weather of the fall. By "cool" I mean that it will be less than 90 degrees everyday and maybe the humidity will drop a little bit. Yeah... right! It will be at least two months before it feels like fall around here.

With a new month comes a fresh start! You may have read a few posts back, or a lot of posts back, I stated that I was starting a diet. Well you see what happened was... Yes, I did fall off the wagon! So since this weekend is a 3 day weekend, I will be starting off my new diet and exercise routine on Monday. I am really craving fresh fruits and vegetables, so I think I'm ready for some of those healthy foods. I usually don't crave them. Here's your sign! Apparently my body wants to be healthy, but my brain is still begging for McDonald's.

In case you didn't know, my semester of school started August 20. I've been learning to juggle all of my classes (5 online and 2 to go to) and homework. I work full-time, so I have two different classes to go to after work. There's just one class each day, but I have to go two days in a row. And then the next night when I get home I have a class chat for an online class. So after working 8:30-5:30, going to class until at least 7:30, going home and changing clothes, I finally get to eat dinner. And then I'm just pooped. I tell myself I need to exercise and take the time to find something healthy for dinner. But I am all about convenience! And I have a hard time finding healthy food that's quick. If you have some ideas, please let me know!

I'm just finding a hard time of balancing everything. There's been the creeping thought of waking up and doing exercise before work. But let's face it, I can barely make it to work on time! So that leaves exercising after work, which I will require that I have energy left by the time I get home. But it's the only way! Starting Monday, I am going to pay attention to what I'm eating. I'm going to exercise at least 3 or 4 times a week. And I'm really going to try to not eat at any fast food places as well as try to cook at home as much as possible. It's getting extremely expensive and we all know it's not healthy.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

WOW girl! You are staying busy! Good luck with the healthy eating and the semester!