Monday, September 27, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 2

Something I love about myself is my sense of humor.

I have a hard time finding things about myself that I like. And it may be that very thing that has developed my sense of humor. I don't have great memories of my childhood and teenage years because I had no self-confidence. And I still don't. I have always felt like people were making fun of me behind my back. It's really hard for me to go to restaurants because I just have this feeling that everyone is staring at me. Of course, Matthew says it's because I'm pretty. But his opinion is biased so I can't believe it! Maybe it's all in my head though. Perhaps no one is looking at me and I just think they are.

And I'm not saying because of this I sat in my room and practiced being funny. It's not like that at all. I believe I am naturally funny! But I think I learned to develop my comedic timing. I got to choose when people would take notice of me, when people would laugh at me, and why they would laugh at me. Except they were laughing with me instead of at me. It was much nicer this way! I'm not sure how I would describe my humor. It's a little dry, a little sarcastic, a little witty, and there's a whole lot of me thrown in. I have never met anyone else with my sense of humor. I take that back. Only my dad shares this sense of humor. My mom does not like our jokes, but we think they are hilarious!

No comments: