Thursday, September 30, 2010

Allergies Are No Fun!

I haven't posted in a couple of days because Tuesday I woke up with red, itchy, and swollen eyes. Can you believe I actually thought I was dreaming Monday night about scratching my eyes? Well apparently that was no dream. I assumed that I had an allergic reaction to something because I had just started using a new face wash and new mascara. I just didn't use either and continued on with my day. The itching got worse as the day went on. But I still thought nothing of it, that it would go away before the next morning.

Yesterday, I woke up with my right eye swollen shut and left eye not far behind. They were both watering terribly and were still red and itchy. I couldn't see out of my right eye at all. I knew then that perhaps I needed to see a doctor. Luckily there were a lot of cancellations because of the rainy weather (it's been raining for 3 or 4 days). I wasn't in the office more than 10 minutes, and only 5 of those were with the doctor. She gave me a couple of prescriptions, advised me to switch my makeup to Almay (which I've heard before and already use for my eyeliner), and not to put any makeup on my eyes until they cleared up. And I sure hope they're better by the weekend!

I am back at work today despite my eyes still itching and the lack of makeup making me look like a freak!

No comments: