Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's Test Day!

I am so nervous, scared, worried, excited, anxious, fearful, exhausted, and the list could go on. I have so many emotions right now. I know this test is not the biggest test I have ever taken. And it's not going to be the crusher of my dreams (maybe just the crusher of one). I do have more dreams than just getting into a medical program at community college! But I want so badly to do well on this test and to get into one of the medical programs. I wish the test was about passion and drive instead of book smarts! Pretty sure I'd ace that one! After studying until 11 last night (so not late, but I don't usually stay up that late studying, just watching tv), my eyes gave up on me and I had to sleep!

There are four parts to this TEAS: English, math, science, and reading. I'm confident in my English and reading comprehension skills. I just finished taking my business English class on Tuesday night, so all of that information is fresh on my mind. Thank goodness I had to take that class. It really was a refresher course, and I can see it's going to help me out so much on this test! The study questions I used definitely told me that I will be guessing at the majority of the science questions. I have never been great at science. I remember the basics. But when it comes to laws and formulas for laws, I am clueless. I always was a good guesser on the SAT though! So maybe I still have those skills! And math. Oh, the math. It's terrible! Horrible! Honestly, it's improving. The last math I had was at least 2 years ago and it was statistics. Far different from high school math. Remember anything from geometry class? Yeah, I remember that I had a tutor! All I can say is thank goodness for google and bing! All of the questions I couldn't figure out can be found through those two search sites with explanations on how to find the answer! Woohoo!

I'm more confident today than yesterday. I'm more nervous today than yesterday. I'm more prepared today than yesterday. I hope I'm smarter today than yesterday. Wish me luck!

No comments: