Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 4 - Favorite Book


My all time favorite book is Where the Red Fern Grows. I think I read it when I was about 12 or 13 years old. And I cried. I remember going to my dad's office and I had my own "office" where I would sit and do homework. I would read and read and read that book for hours on end. And I felt everything that the book described as if I was there myself. If anyone even came close to my "office", I would wipe my tears because I didn't want anyone to see me crying over a book. But I have a tendency to do that with books, imagine that I am that person and that the book is describing my life. I was so attached to those hunting dogs as if they were my own. And at the time, I had a 4 year old dachshund, Bambi, who I just loved to pieces and still do! All I could do was think that she was one of the dogs. It was just so sad and so real! Definitely a must read for all!

No comments: