Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3


I don't remember loving anyone other than Matthew. I have only dated a handful of people and not one of those relationships lasted longer than two months. I don't remember loving any of them. One had been a great friend of mine before we dated, but that whole relationship revealed a lot of truth about him and how he had been hiding who he really was for years. The others just seemed like friends.

And don't think that I dated all of those people back to back. This was spread out over a six year period. And at two months each, that's not even a year total. I thought I would never find a husband and who would want me? Obviously nobody else did.

At that time, I lived an hour away at school in an apartment by myself. I was lonely. I rarely heard from my friends, and I felt like nobody cared about me or even liked me. I remember praying, a lot, and asking God to please send me a friend, just one friend, just one person who had things in common with me and would like me for me. And out of nowhere, Matthew was brought into my life. Matthew has always said that he prayed for so long for God to bring him the woman he was to marry. It's so strange how it always comes together in God's hands!

So my first real love is Matthew. And I wouldn't change that for anything!

No comments: