Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

My parents have been married for 23 years. It is the second marriage for both of them. I was born not long after their first anniversary. And I've yet to figure out if I was planned or a whoops! Either way, I'm still here!


My Dad
I am his only child. My dad and I could be twins.. ya know, if only we'd be born at the same time! He is quiet and reserved, but when he feels strongly about something, he is quite outspoken. When I was little, you could find me laying in the recliner with my dad before bedtime watching Star Trek. He claims this is where I learned my math skills. My dad is terrible with grammar, spelling, and word choice. Our favorite words to pick on him about are bought and brought. He usually (99.9% of the time) uses the incorrect word in a sentence. We share the same sense of humor and can both be quite technical when it comes to details. My dad is one of my favorite people in the world!

My Mom
I am her second child. I'm pretty sure I am to blame for her always being so tired! She had me late in life, but I kept her on her toes between teeball, softball, basketball, soccer, girl scouts, dance, and the list goes on. She doesn't understand a thing about sports, but she was always there cheering me on. I was always mortified by this! Looking back now, I understand and appreciate it so much because a lot of other kids never had anyone cheering for them. Until about a year ago, I thought my mom just didn't like me. I would come home after school and there would be a list of chores waiting for me. This may be why I hate cleaning now! I began my rebellion at the age of 8. I didn't wear a dress or skirt for a few years, and I most certainly have not worn any bows since! But I don't purposely dress down anymore. I have made her life interesting!

No comments: