Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Over!

I could not be more happy that this was a 3 day weekend! Yay for Columbus Day and it being a federal holiday!

Remember how I said we were throwing a bridal shower for my sister and her fiance? Well we worked our little tails off all last week to get ready for this (hence the lack of posts!). Matthew's list was a mile long. Yes, I gave it to him 8 weeks ago. I specifically remember saying, "You have 8 weeks to finish this list!". And yes, he waited until about 2 weeks before to actually get started on said list. I don't even remember everything we did this week, but I will try my best to let you see how busy we were.

Monday: I was supposed to be at work at 8:30, and I got there at 9. I woke up when I should have been leaving for work. Bad start to the day! I did not take a lunch break, and I left at 3:30. I had a ton of reports to type at school, so I was there until about 6 p.m. I just remember rushing home, rushing to TJ Maxx and Ollie's, rushing back home, and eventually making it to bed.

Tuesday: I worked again all day. I don't remember much else. I am sure I was doing homework afterwards, but I honestly have no clue.

Wednesday: After work, my parents came over and helped hang all of the pictures around the house. That took a while but everything turned out great!

Thursday: I worked again. Shocker, huh? We cleaned a lot of stuff Thursday night. A whole lot.

Friday: After getting off work, I came home and ate some dinner so when Matthew got home we could get right to work. We also ran to Target for a few grocery deals! After that, I got online and found all the pictures I wanted to print for the empty frames and submitted my order to Walgreens. We went to bed at 2 a.m. Honest!

Saturday: I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Okay I dozed back off for another 45 minutes. Matthew went and dropped off our cleaning and picked up the photos while I got ready. Then we went to the pumpkin farm and picked out some beautiful pumpkins! We stopped at Rite Aid, Walmart, and CVS before heading back home. We started cleaning furiously again! Matthew left to drop Cinnamon at his parents', pick up the cleaning, and go to the other Walmart for something. I was already yawning and it was only 3 p.m. I then painted my pumpkins so they'd be super cute! Sometime around 4 p.m. I started panicking because my mom had yet to arrive and the shower was starting at 5 p.m. She made all of the food. There was reason to worry!

The shower was perfect! Everyone loved our house. There was no sign of junk or piles of stuff anywhere! It was all strategically placed in a single closet! I'm adding that to my To Do List. ha! We had a lot of fun and were glad that so many people could come! I hope everyone enjoyed the shower as much as we did, and I'm sure Shannon and Jeff would say thanks, too!

P.S. I'm never throwing another shower.
P.S.S. Unless I have a maid.

No comments: