Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5


I have one sister. She's actually my half-sister. We have the same mom but different dads. She turned 13 the day after I was born. I'm sure you can imagine how the rest of this goes! She was the cool teenager. I was the pesky little kid. She started college the same day I started kindergarten.

I have always felt it was my job to make her feel as old as possible. Now that I feel old, I try not to rub it in as much.

It was also my job to tattle on her. She borrowed money from me a lot. And she would always say, "Now don't tell mom! I'm going to pay you back next week!" I love saving money, and I loved it even more when I was a child. So of course I'd give her long enough to leave the house before I would tell mom, "Shannon borrowed $10 from me! I want my money back, so you better make sure I get it!". My mom got mad about it every time. But as a six year old, I was rolling in money! I wish I had some of that back now.

Obviously, with their being a thirteen year age difference, we were never exactly best friends. She always picked on me telling me I was fat or I wasn't pretty. But I consider it's only fair since I ruined her teenage years! Now that I have gotten older, we are in the same stage of life. I just got married. She's getting married in November. We both have jobs. And we both have crappy friends. We've become closer over the last several years, but this last year and a half has probably been the best.

No comments: